A quality re-creation of the original that beat Ferrari and finished in the top three positions in the grueling Le Mans 24 Hours in 1966. In developing the exhilarating GT40 continuation, engineers went to great lengths to ensure authenticity. So authentic, that we can legally use the name “GT40”. The GT40 also carries the GT40/P chassis number and is eligible for the official GT40 registry.
The GT40 continuation is built to exacting standards – in fact over two thirds of the rolling chassis’s parts are interchangeable with that of an original car, including the ‘monocoque” style chassis.
The Superformance GT40 also boasts of a pressed steel roof and beautifully finished body. Current models offered are the MKI and MKII which are available in right and left hand drive.
Add your choice of power (big or small block ) with a ZF/RBT transaxle, and prepare yourself for extreme satisfaction and the ultimate in styling.
- A complete factory assembled rolling chassis.
- Show quality PPG paint finishes with many standard colors.
- Fully independent front and rear suspension.
- Bilstein® coil over progressive shocks with H&R Springs®.
- Four-wheel vented disc brakes, Wilwood calipers.
- Aluminum radiator/oil cooler with dual electric fans.
- Original style steel monocoque chassis.
- Pressed steel roof.
- Original style suspension.
- Right and Left-hand drive models available.
- Shifter & Handbrake located in center of tunnel.
- Included in latest Shelby World Registry.
- Original style seats with silver rivets.
- High capacity air-conditioner.
- Oil cooler and braided lines.
- Open crate air intake.
- Lower / wider front fenders.
- Smoother body lines.
- BRM style wheels.
- Inverted side air scoops.
- Double scoop hood insert.
- Accommodates small block engine (includes molded engine cover.
- Built in rear spoiler
- Available in Heritage color patterns.
- *GT40 MKI Heritage uses single hood scoop insert.*
- Gurney bubble optional.
- Authentic right-hand sill rod shift optional.