Shelby 50th Anniversary Cobra
In 1965 Carroll Shelby put everyone on notice that he was ready to answer any challenge. The small block Daytona coupe won the World Manufacturer’s championship and the 427 Cobra was born to dominate on the track and street. It was an immediate success dominating the “a” Production class in SCCA and winning championships for several years running. It was truly America’s first Super car.
This is the one we have waited for! To celebrate it’s 50 year anniversary Shelby American and Hillbank Motor Corporation will offer a limit of only 50 427 anniversary Cobras. They will all come with special gold 50th anniversary badging, logos and features. Orders open Tuesday, January 13th at 11am Mountain Standard Time (10am PST).
Only 50 of these vehichles will be manufactured! Aluminum cars will be offered in polished aluminum (with or without brushed stripes) or Guardsman blue with Wimbledon white stripes. Fiberglass bodied cars will only be offered in Guardsman Blue with Wimbledon white stripes. A block of CSX serial numbers have been reserved for this series. CSX4550-CSX4599. All come with a unique Shelby issued MSO and place in the registry.
An American Classic
Shelby American built the big block Cobras specifically to conquer all other sports cars, both American-made and European. With an all new coil spring independent suspension, larger passenger compartment, upgraded brakes, wider track, fatter tires and a big block Ford engine, the Cobra rocked the world. In its first year of production, the big block Cobra captured the SCCA’s coveted “A Production” championship. The Cobras also ran rampant in sanctioned drag racing series nationwide.
True to the Original
The 427 Shelby Cobras retain everything from the authentic style suspension to the graceful body lines, but are upgraded to contemporary standards. Shelby American uses the same leather that one would find in high end cars, modern brake discs, a stronger frame and the bodies are avilable in either aluminum or fiberglass.
The 50th Anniversary Editions have some unique differences. Special badges adorn the exterior and interior. Premium materials are used on the seats, carpets and dash. A 23 gallon racing style fuel tank, powder coated frame, racing brakes and custom gauges are standard. The paint/stripe schemes are unique and a special optional engine package is being developed by the Shelby Engine Company.
- Shelby hand laid fiberglass.
- shelby hand formed aluminum.
Chassis and suspension:
- 4-inch diameter DOM steel frame.
- Dual A-arm, coil-over shock, four wheel independent suspension.
- 1″ x 11-7/16″ OD disc, dual piston Shelby caliper, standard front brakes.
- 3/4″ x 11-7/16″ OD disc, dual piston Shelby caliper, standard rear brakes.
Interior / Exterior:
- Shelby vinyl, leather optional seats.
- Shelby custom black carpeting.
- 15″ Shelby spec reproduction standard wheels.
50th Anniversary Features:
- Polished aluminum (with or without brushed aluminum stripes).
- Guardsman Blue with Wimbledon White stripes (fiberglass or aluminum).
- 50th Anniversary Billet badging including:
- Front & rear 427 Cobra emblems.
- 50th Anniversary side badging.
- Steering Wheel 427 Cobra 50th Anniversary emblem.
- 50th Anniversary floor mats.
- Engine plate with Shelby CSX identification number.
- 50th Anniversary 427 Cobra car cover.